Thursday, March 3, 2011

What do Brett Favre, M.A.S.H. and this Blog Have in Common?

The final episode of M.A.S.H. (airing on February 28, 1983) remains the most-watched program in television history.  It was a big finale, sort of. Turns out, viewership was so high, CBS couldn’t quite call it quits, so they quickly created a new series, AfterMASH.  It continued for two more seasons.  If you follow football, you probably know about Favre’s famous retirements.

Well, this is the last “official installment” to the First Things First blog... I thought.  You may have noticed that a few people have been checking out this site since we started it a few weeks ago (not M.A.S.H standards, but a lot more hits than I think my mom or dad would have been able to make on their own in such a short time). 

I hope that it has been a source of inspiration and encouragement to you – and at least sparked some new thoughts or questions in you about how you could apply the five core values of Worship, Connect, Grow, Serve and Share into your life.  As our pastoral staff was discussing it this week, it occurred to us that maybe there are some people who have sort of started a habit of checking into this blog (and that some might miss it if I quit). 

My plan at this point, depending on the interest and ongoing response, is to continue to make a post to this site on about a weekly basis. 

What I know is that putting First Things First is not something that I only want to do at the start of the year or during a special emphasis.  It’s a year-round, 24/7 kind of thing.  But I also know I haven’t arrived.  I’m still on the journey.  I want to become a more faithful follower of Jesus Christ and learn to make more faithful followers of Him on an ongoing basis.  I hope you feel the same way.

Please let me know what you think, especially if you have any ideas or suggestions!

For example, one observation about this blog by our staff was that some of my posts may have been too long and needed to be cut (one pastor essentially confessed to clicking on the site and not reading everything), so I decided

1 comment:

  1. I love this Church, it's members, pastors and the continual feeling of the Holy Spirit at RDFC.
    Thank you Jim so much for this blog. I feel connected even when I can't attend, and that means so much to me.

    Bless you all,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete